What makes AVR unique?
- Near the city. AVR has two sites: one in Duiven, near the German border and one in Rozenburg in the port of Rotterdam. Both sites are located near large cities and densely populated residential areas where most residual waste is produced and energy demand is high.
- Residual waste can be supplied using road transporation or using the waterways. We operate four transfer stations which collect residual waste from three big cities in the Netherlands for transportation over water to AVR. One ship can transport the same amount of waste as 16 lorries!
- Potential for additional heat exchange to the Rotterdam port industry.
- Potential for additional heat exchange to cities nearby.
- Central location for other EU countries, which allows UK waste, for example, to be efficiently supplied through the port.
We are closely connected to cities, industry and to Europe.